All people can work-trade for farms to sleep on the land, instead of being $laves in the city! Here are some things to help people escape to freeDIYm..
1. World’s Smallest Survival Guide! Click here here to view, print and share this free community survival guide!
4.Wikicurrency is a simple local alternative currency that can help facilitate the trading of knowledge, goods and services in your community even after SHTF!
Everything that has value in this world can be divided into one of three categories; goods, services and information. Information is already the most valuable thing in the world and DIY, sustainability and survival knowledge will only become more and more valuable as economies decline. So trading this information-based alternative currency is a way for everyone in a community to “cross-train” eachother to the point where everyone knows how to make, bake, grow or sew everything it is that they need! Additionally, these exchange boards can be easily set up in a monitored environment(inside printshops work well) to help facilitate the trading of goods and services in the form of a simple IOU! Print the blank dollars here, print the survival related info dollars here, 1st wild edible plant dollars here, 2nd wild edible plant dollars here, inspirational quote dollars here and then the Gift Exchange Board here to be able to put them up in your local printshop or coffeeshop and get your community familiarized with using them before the shtf!
5. Sleep Slip Dollars are another “denomination” of Wikicurrency that empower community members to start solving homelessness themselves! Please print Sleep Slips out here!
Sleep Slip dollars are a very simple and efficient solution to the homelessness problem! These Sleep Slips give regular citizens the opportunity to proactively solve homelessness by gifting permission for a homeless person to simply “be” on your porch, in your backyard, garage or even behind your business during your non-operating hours.(providing you with free security and the homeless with a night-watchmen job!) These Sleep Slips also have a space for the Host to specify the times and dates that the individual is allowed to be there, so there’s no confusion! If the homeless guest meets the host’s expectations of behavior then the offer may be extended, or the offer may be made “null and void” at the host’s discretion as the Sleep Slips clearly state. People can print them out and give them to a homeless individual to help them where they need it most, a good night’s sleep/recharge! Some people think that giving money to homeless will be spent on alcohol or drugs, so this is a perfect solution for those people! Homeless individuals can also print these and hand them out to the people that stop to talk with them. If the homeless individual doesn’t put any pressure on the person, but simply asks them to consider talking it over with their spouse, roommates or landlord then we have found it to increase our return rates! Print Sleep Slips out here and share this very simple homelessness solution through your social network today!
6. A homeless solution
Back in 2011, dozens of Ashland homeless protested against camping tickets by camping right on the downtown plaza! From our protest many began working together on a project called HomefreeHostels.com. The project was based on the idea that in order to integrate the homeless back into society you can not start by physically segregating them into boxed shelters, encampments or even tiny-villages because that’s not what the rest of society lives in! They deduced that if society wanted to truly integrate homeless back into society then they would have to start by actually, physically integrating us into what is now known as “scattered-site housing”. The homeless protesters also decided that staying in these different case-specific locations(females only, veterans only, co-ed, etc) would be most appreciated by the homeless and the community if the homeless guests were required to do “community work-trade”, contributing anything positive(that is the key) that the homeless person is passionate about contributing to the community they are staying! The neighbors and community at large would fund the rent/mortgage and then have the right to help manage it by walking in whenever they wanted to “chaperone” or ad something to their free help request board inside. Essentially, an all-around help house that benefits everyone in the community..like an unselfish commune or a commune turned inside-out!
Recently I had to migrate that website into the pdf files below because I don’t have enough money to keep it up right now as an official site.. this is a really sustainable solution to the world-wide homelessness problem if you get a chance to check out our old website in the links below.
Homefree Hostels description page from old website
Homefree Hostels host houses page from old website
Homefree Hostels services for community page from old website
Homefree Hostels publicity page from old website
Homefree Hostels ways to help page from old website
Homefree Hostels homepage from old website
7. Rehabilitation Solution I offer a free drug/alcohol/civilization rehabilitation held in the peace and silence of nature for a 40 day period. It takes 40 days for all blood cells in the body to replace themselves(marrow included) and the blood holds the “feeling memory” of addiction that causes deep urge. So if you’re able to stay away from a bad habit for at least 40 days then you will gain a “higher level” of self control over it. All addictions hold memory of all the others by association so if you want to quit drinking/drugs/civilization, it helps to at first quit all other cycles at the same time aka sexual, dietary and speaking habits included! That is why people go out into the woods, commit to silent interaction and fast. We will fast on water for 3 days, then raw goat/sheep milk and wild edibles for the rest of the 40 day lengths wherein the participants may leave when they want.
Please contact me with any questions, suggestions or comments about this stuff ———————————————————————————–
The humble jobs that nomadic farmhands will be able to contribute to the communities in which they travel through include, but are not limited to;
• helping communities start a map of all the wild edible/medicinal plants along with the fruit/nut trees in their town.
• helping community councels update their “urban livestocking” laws to allow for backyard dairy sheep, goats, chickens, rabbits, bees, etc.
• offering to breed their dairy rams and also gifting baby lambs to help start a dairy-sheep gene pool in each community.
• helping neighborhoods establish weekly potlucks in their parks that are then followed by a consensus decision-making process to teach communities how to manage themselves after the SHTF.
• distributing our “wallet-sized survival guides” and “InfoCurrency” in communitues to quickly educate them in sustainability, survival and the new Do-It-Yourself ways.
• helping communities establish “Gift Exchange Boards” to facilitate bartering after the dollar collapses and is no longer valuable.
• helping give workshops to start a regular Free School in the park.
• helping communities establish a Tool Library, a network of citizens who loan out tools to the other people in their community.
• helping addicts with free rehab support out in the woods between communities.
• helping communities establish “community work-trade houses” where the homeless can sleep at night and in exchange provide free labor for the community!
• teaching “Peace Fighting”, our new Martial heArt(more on this later)
• distributing kefir grains to enable inoculation and preservation of any food.
• helping manage the weeds that grow up through the city streets and sidewalks.
• providing free lawn mowing/fire hazard maintenance to citizens who let us sleep in their backyard or vacant lot for the night!(when the economy collapses and gas is unavailable, people won’t be able to mow their lawns and their yards will become a HUGE in-town fire hazard..especially since everyone will be having to cook by fire in the same yard!)